Robin H. Balsam P.S. has been providing quality legal services in Pierce and surrounding counties since 1989. Attorneys Robin H. Balsam and Heather L. Crawford have over 45 years of combined experience, and have developed a reputation as dedicated, aggressive, and experienced counsel.
- The firm’s practice has focused on complex guardianship, probate, and trust litigation since 1993, with particular experience in handling cases involving elders who have been victimized by undue influence, abuse and exploitation.
- Robin H. Balsam P.S. has a long history of representing clients with special needs, and frequently acts as associate counsel to other attorneys who are representing elderly, incapacitated, and disabled people in legal matters such as personal injury, medical malpractice, contracts and domestic litigation.
- Ms. Balsam and Ms. Crawford are Washington State certified professional guardians and experienced trustees. They are experienced in representing fiduciaries such as guardians, personal representatives, and attorneys-in-fact.
The firm strives to provide a uniquely collaborative and resourceful approach to legal issues that confront elders, disabled people and their families by providing a range of solutions from negotiated out-of-court agreements to aggressive legal representation in court. The means of resolving a matter is dictated by the facts and client goals.
- Through collaboration clients benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experience of the firm’s attorneys, along with accessibility to more than one attorney who is familiar with their matter.
- This approach often lends itself to quicker resolution of matters and creative, thorough solutions which, depending on the facts and client’s goals, may avoid traditional adversarial litigation.
As a whole, the attorneys and support staff can assist in all aspects of guardianship, trust, elder law and probate matters, whether straightforward or complex.
- The law firm has a partner professional guardianship agency, Commencement Bay Guardianship Services (“CBGS”), which employs four professional guardians and multiple support staff.
- Partnership with the guardianship agency gives clients access to staff who are experienced in care management as well.
“This is the long overdue, official “Thank You” letter…I want you to know that my mom is a difficult old bird, but she is aware and appreciative of all that has transpired…this is the first time in her life that she has been acknowledged and supported. The hearing was beautiful – it was like a dance with my mother cradled gently in confident, determined, and compassionate hands. Well done Maestro. B.M., Corvallis, OR.
I just wanted to write you a quick note to thank you for your invaluable services. How comforting it has been to know that O. was represented by such a skilled, well-informed, ethical and compassionate attorney such as yourself. I knew the very moment that you first introduced yourself that we were saved. It has been purely a pleasure working for you, with you and around you! You’re a brilliant advocate…”
—D.R., Tacoma, WA.
“I just want to thank you and your staff for all your efforts on my Dad’s behalf these last few years. You’ve taken an impossible task and made the best of it…”
—T.P., Seattle, WA.
“I just wanted to let you know, that no matter how this ends up, I think you have done an awesome job representing M! I am thanking you ahead for all the sensitivity, understanding and professionalism you have demonstrated since the moment I met you!”
—P.T., Puyallup, WA.
“Robin Balsam was recommended to me for a family matter. It was a very complex case involving exploitation which ended in a victorious guardianship trial. I have known attorneys from various specialties and worked with many in the past, and can say without hesitation that Robin Balsam is the most trustworthy, knowledgeable, hard working, ethical, responsive and professional attorney I have met in my professional career. Her hard work enabled me and my family to resume a happy, healthy relationship with our elder. I would recommend Robin to anyone in Washington State. She is indeed the best!”
—A.S., Tacoma, WA.
Disclaimer: Testimonials were not solicited by the firm and represent the opinions of past clients and their families. The testimonials do not represent a guarantee of any particular outcome in any legal matter.